St. Paul

  • We owe our beginnings to the resilience, determination and persistence of area families who greatly desired to see a Church built in town and worked tirelessly to see this dream become a reality. Families of Dan Finnane, Chris Ryan, John McDermott, Walter and Martin Croak, Nick and Ed Tierney. Matt Farrell, John Collins and all Evansville/Albany area farmers will forever be remembered for their dedication and hard work in laying the foundations for St Paul’s Church.

     

    Their labors bore initial fruits when on February 24th 1906, St Paul’s congregation was officially incorporated and Archbishop Sebastian Messmer of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee (Diocese of Madison was not formed until January 9th 1946) appointed Fr James Condon as the first pastor of our Church.

    Our story is one that started with persistent, resilient and determined families who gave their time, talent and treasure in service of God to ensure that we are where we are today and who we are today. There are still many descendants of the first families of St Paul. Finnane, Dunphy, Kennedy, Farrell, Collins, McDermott and Montgomery families are still active in our midst. Equally important to note is that our story has not changed as we are still a small community made up of families who continue our strong traditions of faith, service, sacrifice and community.

  • St. Paul

  • On April 22nd 1906, more than two months after the incorporation papers were signed, 100 parishioners attended the Frist Mass. Fr James continued to serve the congregation faithfully while leading and starting the charge to build a new Church. On September 1 1906 Fr Eugene McCarthy replaced Fr James Condon as pastor and eventually supervised the completion of the new Church. On May 12th 1907 a new Church was completed and dedicated.